Newton Running, manufacturer of performance running shoes that support the most efficient running motion, is launching its first dedicated trail running shoe, the BoCo AT, this November. The shoe, named after the brand’s hometown of Boulder, Colorado, features Newton’s unique Action/Reaction impact-absorbing forefoot technology in a lightweight, all-terrain package inspired by and tested on the famous trails that are just a stone’s throw from the company’s headquarters.
‘The BoCo AT has been put to the test over miles of diverse terrain and climate conditions in its home town Boulder, and is a fantastic new addition to the range,’ says Newton Running UK Marketing Director Mike Martin. ‘The design offers the ride and impact-protection Newtonites have grown to love in a package built for variable surfaces and challenging weather conditions.
BoCo AT key design features:
- Outsole employs multi-directional lugs to provide optimal grip on uneven terrain
- The closed-mesh upper blocks out dirt and debris
- Upper materials have been treated with a durable water-repellent coating
- Outsole’s four-lug cushioning technology in the forefoot provides superior impactzone protection
- Upper features a laser-perforated synthetic suede saddle for a midfoot-conforming fit
- A 3-mm drop from heel to toe provides a low profile and stable ride
- Thick, non-slip laces stay tied over the long haul
- Soft, single-density EVA midsole provides optimal cushioning and comfort
- Durable rubber toe bumper protects toes from impact on rocks, roots and other trail hazards
The BoCo AT weighs just 9.6 ounces in a men’s size 9 and 8.2 ounces for the women’s size 7. It will retail for £110 and will be available at specialty retailers and www.newtonrunning.co.uk in November.