TCL Sports is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TCL Sports may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from: 10 November 2010
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, offers and competitions
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions on www.2xushop.co.uk, www.newtonrunning.co.uk, www.guenergy.co.uk and www.tclsports.co.uk, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by TCL Sports,
Twyford House, Unit 1B, 21 London Road, Twyford, Berkshire, RG10 9EH ("TCL Sports").
3. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of differences or discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
4. TCL Sports reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside TCL Sports reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of TCL Sports shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of TCL Sports or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a television programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with the Competition or any such person's subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Competition. TCL Sports reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alterative winner) if TCL Sports is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire. These will be set out in the Competition Notice.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. TCL Sports reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, Competitions are only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom. Where a Competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, TCL Sports invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, TCL Sports assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and TCL Sports assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition).
11. TCL Sports reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, TCL Sports in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, you may enter the Competition as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and TCL Sports discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, TCL Sports may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
16. Where an offer is made for participation in a Competition involving a premium rate telephone call, the Competition Notice will include details of the estimated length of the call and its anticipated cost, and any other guidance to which TCL Sports must adhere in compliance with Phonepayplus rules. Where entry to a Competition is by premium rate telephone call, entry may also be made by post by writing to: [Name of Competition] Competition, TCL Sports,
Twyford House, Unit 1B, 21 London Road, Twyford, Berkshire, RG10 9EH, to be received by the closing date as stated in the Competition Notice.
17. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. TCL Sports cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside TCL Sports control.
18. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, TCL Sports does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
19. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Notice, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for competitions involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to TCL Sports) or from all submitted entries (where creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria apply to entries (unless these are being judged as set out in the Competition Notice)), within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by TCL Sports and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and TCL Sports shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice (and may be contacted by TCL Sports or TCL Sports nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)' names may be published on the website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, TCL Sports,
Twyford House, Unit 1B, 21 London Road, Twyford, Berkshire, RG10 9EH naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. TCL Sports reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
23. Prizes are awarded at TCL Sports discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Where Entries are being judged on creative or artistic merit or other subjective criteria, TCL Sports and/or the Competition judges (acting reasonably) reserve the right not to select a winner, and/or to remove or amend selection criteria and/or the structure and operation of the Competition if Entries are not of the requisite standard.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. TCL Sports reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
26. TCL Sports does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership of your Entry and, although TCL Sports will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear on the website and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition. If you win a prize, as a condition to receipt of that prize, you may be required to sign a release form (in TCL Sports's then current standard form) in connection with the prize-winning submission.
27. In consideration of TCL Sports agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that TCL Sports (and third parties authorised by TCL Sports) may make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant TCL Sports (and third parties authorised by TCL Sports) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. TCL Sports does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. TCL Sports may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
29. Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, TCL Sports reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
30. TCL Sports cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. TCL Sports is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude TCL Sports liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and TCL Sports reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
33. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Sites are only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. TCL Sports makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.